Don’t look now, but the holidays are right around the corner.
Many folks get to enjoy the holiday season in their hometowns with their families, and even in their own homes. Then there are probably just as many who must travel for the holidays in order to be with loved ones. We all know travel can be stressful (but oftentimes so worth it, as far as I’m concerned), especially with young children (see my above parenthetical comment), so Alamo Car Rental and I would like to tell you about how you might be able to relieve some of the burden.
You’re a family of four and you’re flying across the country to see relatives for the holidays. In the interest of saving a bit of money, you choose a compact rental car. Everyone will fit; it might just be a tight squeeze. Well, Alamo wants you to not have to sacrifice comfort so they’re offering a free car class upgrade on your rental in the United States or Canada! This offer is available on Compact through Midsize cars and valid through February 4, 2013.
Not bad, right? That’s not all, though. To help spread the word of this promotion, I’ve teamed up with Alamo for a pretty outstanding giveaway. Alamo has offered up a spectacular gift basket for one lucky reader. The basket includes:
- Alamo branded Striped Boat Tote bag (carry-on?)
- Alamo branded travel coffee mug (need that caffeine, especially for those early flights!)
- Alamo branded sunglasses (hopefully you’ll be traveling somewhere sunny and warm for the holidays)
- Alamo keychain (add it to the collection!)
- Travel Scrabble game (to fend off boredom when the electronic gadgets die out)
- iTrip iPhone/iPod car adapter (for the requisite family sing-alongs)
- $100 American Express gift card (!!!)
Entering to win is pretty easy:
- Just leave a comment on this post (this is mandatory!) stating how you would use, during the holiday season, the money you save by going with the free upgrade promotion from Alamo. Another special present for Grandma? A new bike for Little Bobby? Or, if you’re a working mom like me, to treat yourself to a spa visit? You may do this once.
- For an additional entry, you may like The Working Mom’s Travels on Facebook, then come back to this post to leave another comment letting me know you’ve just liked the page. If you’re already a fan, you may leave another comment letting me know you’ve been likin’ my page for some time. You may do this once.
- No more than two comments total per entrant. Any additional comments will be deleted and not considered.
- All comments will be given a number (the first comment will be #1, the second comment will be #2, and so on). I will use random.org to select a number; the author of the comment corresponding to that number will be the winner! I will notify the winner via email shortly after the giveaway period ends. If the winner does not reply to the notification email within forty-eight (48) hours, the prize will be forfeited and another winner will be randomly selected via random.org.
- The giveaway period begins November 11, 2012. All entries must be received by 11:59pm CST on November 18, 2012. Good luck!
(Because the discount and this promotion aren’t wonderful enough, you can save even more by signing up for the Alamo Insiders loyalty program and get an additional 10% off any Alamo promotion. Sign up here.)
Of course, though, there is some fine print I must include.
Terms and conditions of the Alamo discount: Offer is subject to standard rental conditions. Valid for a one-car-class upgrade applied at the time of reservation, for reservations of a Compact through Midsize car. Blackout dates may apply. A 24-hour advance reservation is required. Not valid with any other discount or promotional rate. Void where prohibited. Subject to availability and valid only at participating locations in the US and Canada. Offer valid through February 4, 2013.
Terms and conditions of The Working Mom’s Travel’s giveaway: You do not have to rent a car with Alamo and go with the free upgrade in order to participate in the giveaway, though I’m sure Alamo would love it if you do, and you’d make me look good. Immediate family members of The Working Mom’s Travels are not eligible for the prize. The giveaway is open to U.S. residents only.
Disclosure: For hosting this giveaway on behalf of Alamo Car Rental, I receive the same gift basket described above, which includes all of the same items.