One of the drawbacks of being a working mom is – well, I work, and spend about twelve hours a day away from home. The few precious hours I do have at home, I am busy being a mom and a wife, so I have to try extra hard to find time for blogging, reading, etc. Recently, my small amount of free time has been spent researching and preparing for our next family travel adventure. Remember I wrote a little while back about a trip to Tuscany? Well, our departure date is drawing near, and our itinerary has expanded! Here are the details:
- Flying Alitalia Airlines non-stop from Chicago to Rome, arriving in the morning.
- A few hours after arrival, taking the train from Rome to Naples where we will spend the next five days (includes day trip to Pompeii and Herculaneum).
- Taking the train from Naples back to Rome, just to pick up our rental car.
- Driving from Rome to Orvieto, Umbria, where we will spend the next three days.
- Leaving Orvieto, driving to Casa Cornacchi in Arezzo, Tuscany, where we will stay for one week (includes day trips to Siena, San Gimignano, and Montalcino).
- Leaving Casa Cornacchi to drive back to Rome and ditch the rental car.
- Spending our last four days in Rome before heading back home.
In all, we will be traveling for eighteen days, and I’m sure we will end up visiting more places and seeing more sights than what is outlined here in this itinerary. We can’t get too ambitious, however; traveling with a toddler can be unpredictable. Please keep checking in for stories and photos and to follow along on our Italian adventure!