You may remember the contest I held last year on behalf of National Car Rental. I’ve teamed up with National once again for another incredible contest! This year marks the 25th anniversary of National Car Rental’s Emerald Club, the car rental industry’s first frequent-renter program. To celebrate, National is hosting a contest called Blast From The Past via its Facebook page. You may enter to win a $25 Visa Gift Card by submitting a photo, story, or video describing what you were up to twenty-five years ago.
To further promote the contest, National has given me two more $25 Visa Gift Cards to give away to my readers! But before I get into that, I got to thinking, what was I up to twenty-five years ago? It was 1987 and it was a pretty important year for me. I graduated from 8th grade in June and started high school in August. Talk about a transition! I went from a grammar school where I was friends with (just about) everyone, where most of the students were from the same neighborhood as I, to a high school where I knew no one and met kids from all neighborhoods and suburbs of Chicago – many I’d never even heard of before! It wasn’t always easy, but it paved the way for me to take on life’s challenges and face them head-on. I definitely learned a lot from my experiences that year.
So, back to the contest: there are two ways to enter and you may use each method only once.
- Leave a comment on this blog post describing what you were up to twenty-five years ago. Were you dancing to new wave music or rockin’ a mullet? If applicable, “I wasn’t around twenty-five years ago” is a valid entry.
- “Like” my Facebook page and leave a comment there describing what you had going on twenty-five years ago. Again, “I wasn’t around twenty-five years ago” is a valid entry. If you already “Like” my Facebook page, still leave a comment there so I know you’re looking to enter the contest.
I will pick two winners at random, one from each method of entry. All comments will be given a number (the first comment will be #1, the second comment will be #2, and so on). I will use random.org to select a number; the author of the comment corresponding to that number will be the winner! The winner from this blog post’s comments will be notified via email so be sure to include an email address that you check regularly and/or will not direct my email to your Junk folder. The Facebook winner will be announced there on The Working Mom’s Travel’s page.
The contest ends on Tuesday, March 27, 2012, at 11:59pm CDT. Thank you and good luck!
Some fine print:
- Immediate family members of The Working Mom’s Travels are not eligible for the prizes.
- The giveaway is open to U.S. residents only.
- For hosting this contest, I receive a “Go Like a Pro™” gift basket, which includes a National tumbler, a National embossed leather writing pad, a National pen set, a weekend duffle bag, and a driving kit.