Some of my fondest memories from childhood are of our family road trips. Sure, I was squished in the backseat of the car with my brother and my sister, and I was subjected to my parents’ awful taste in music, but we all were together. Those memories and experiences are what shaped my current philosophy on travel, and what helped develop my insatiable wanderlust. I have taken several road trips with my own family, hoping that my daughter will grow to share in my passion for travel, and also to introduce her to the concept of adventure and to the lure of the open road. Even if we fly to a destination, like when we went to Florida and Cape Cod, we rent a car so we can easily get around, so we have a bit more freedom, and so we can explore more areas. National Car Rental just introduced a new promotion that makes renting a car even more exciting – and rewarding – and they’ve asked me to tell you all about it!
The promotion is known as “1, 2, Free”, and it allows for Emerald Club members to earn a free rental certificate for every two qualifying car rentals between now and January 31, 2012. Not an Emerald Club member? No worries! Just click here to register and you’ll also be automatically enrolled in the “1, 2, Free” promotion (credit for the “1, 2, Free” promotion will not be given for reservations made before the date of Emerald Club registration). A qualifying rental consists of reserving, via The Emerald Club, and paying for, a Midsize or larger vehicle at participating National Car Rental locations in the 50 United States, including the District of Columbia, for a period of two or more consecutive days during the promotion. Complete this process twice and you’ve just earned yourself a free rental! I really like the idea of the Emerald Club; its members get to bypass the check-in counter, go straight to the aisle, and pick out the exact car they want! It’s worth it just to avoid waiting in long lines after a tiring day of travel, and even more so if you have hungry and cranky kids.
National also announced a referral component to the promotion: refer your friends to the program; if they enroll by using the referral link in the email you send to them, and have a qualifying rental by January 31, 2012, you will be rewarded with a Free Rental Day. Who doesn’t love free stuff?! (Referrers of friends and colleagues will earn no more than ten  Free Rental Days, regardless of how many friends and colleagues enroll.)
So, here’s the fine print about the Emerald Club program and the “1, 2, Free” Promotion:
- Free Rental Day certificates are sent to the email address provided at time of registration.
- Free Rental Days are non-transferable.
- Free Rental Day certificates may be used between September 2, 2011 and June 25, 2012 for a compact through fullsize car.
- Reservations must be made at least 24 hours in advance.
- No more than three (3) Free Rental Days can be redeemed at a time.
- Leave a comment on this post letting me know where you would want to use your Free Rental Days. I have an upcoming road trip to Columbus, Ohio, to watch some hockey. I’d definitely use my Free Rental Days for that trip!
- You may enter once daily, meaning you may leave one new comment on this post once a day. Additional comments will be considered ineligible.
- For a one-time extra entry, follow me on Twitter (if you don’t already), then come back here and leave another comment with your Twitter handle (do the same if you already follow me). You may leave this comment one time only for the duration of the giveaway period.
- All comments will be given a number (the first comment will be #1, the second comment will be #2, and so on). I will use random.org to select a number; the author of the comment corresponding to that number will be the winner!
- You do not have to enroll in the “1, 2, Free” Promotion in order to participate in the contest. National Car rental sure would like it if you do, and you’d make me look good.
- Immediate family members of The Working Mom’s Travels are not eligible for the prize.
- The giveaway is open to U.S. residents only.
- I receive nothing from National Car Rental in return for hosting this giveaway.