This post is written in partnership with MM One Group.
Bibione is a beach resort town in the northeast corner of Italy on the Adriatic Sea, making it an ideal Italy family holiday destination all on its own. Part of the Metropolitan City of Venice, Bibione is less than an hour from the famous city’s historic center. Families looking for a relaxing beach holiday with opportunities for urban and cultural experiences really can’t go wrong with Bibione. With the destination decided upon, the next question is: where to stay? For modern luxury and all the comforts of home, the best choice for families is Residence Serenissima.
Home away from home
The word “residence” reminds us of our home, right? That is the precise objective of Residence Serenissima, to make traveling families feel relaxed and “at home”. Guests can choose from a total of 101 apartments: the 2-bedroom apartments can sleep a maximum of 4 people; the 3-bedroom apartments can accommodate up to 6. Each apartment features a living room, kitchenette, bathroom, and large terrace. Further, the apartments are furnished with air conditioning, satellite television, a hairdryer, a microwave, a washing machine, and a dishwasher. Families, especially the adults, will also appreciate the apartments’ stylish décor and elegant designs.
All of the apartments are part of an 8-floor building that also features comfortable common areas. Along with Reception, there are two spaces for families to spend time. One is a sort of “game room”, with an Xbox console and Kinect extension. There are plenty of games for kids and adults alike. The second common space is more of a professional area, where the adults can take advantage of the workstation computer and complimentary WiFi to get some work done.
Additional amenities and services
Each apartment comes with access to the resort’s private beach which is just steps from the residences. There are changing rooms at the beach, too, for guests to use, free of charge. Also included are one sun umbrella and two lounge chairs per apartment. Families may choose to spend their time at the expansive swimming pool, and the adults have the option of lounging in the Jacuzzi. For added convenience, each apartment also comes with one covered, secured vehicle parking space. (NOTE: At additional costs, guests may request umbrellas and beach chairs within the first three rows of bathing space at the beach, as well as extra sun umbrellas and beach chairs. Guests may also request an additional vehicle parking space at extra cost.)
Commitment to families
In line with Residence Serenissima’s commitment to families, the following services are available by request and are FREE OF CHARGE:
- Baby-bottle warmers
- Changing tables
- Baby bathtub
- Baby cots (including linens)
- High chairs
- Safety bumpers for the beds
- Children’s bicycles
There are also little touches provided by the resort that further shows how they welcome and celebrate families with children. For example, children receive a small gift from the resort upon arrival. There is a library on-site, filled with children’s books and comic books as well as children’s movies. Adult bicycles, available for rent, can be outfitted with child seats so the little ones don’t have to miss out. And let’s not forget the playgrounds on the beach! And, so the parents may have some quiet adult time while on holiday, on-demand babysitting service is available at an extra cost.
It’s worth pointing out that Residence Serenissima takes into consideration ALL members of the family, including those of the four-legged variety. Pets are welcome at the resort, with advance notice, at an additional cost of €70,00 per week.
Things to do in Bibione and beyond
As difficult as it may be to tear the family away from Residence Serenissima, Bibione is worth at least a day trip. There is a wealth of opportunity for family fun in Bibione and the surrounding area. Some favorites include:
- Cycling some of the area’s 240 km of biking trails, ranging from the leisurely Passeggiata Adriatico to the more advanced mountain-biking routes.
- Taking a guided sea kayaking tour that also goes through some of the area’s lagoons.
- Sailing, waterskiing, windsurfing, and paragliding.
- Relaxing and rejuvenating at Bibione Thermae thermal spa.
- Satisfying the need for speed at Pista Gokart.
- Slipping and sliding at Aquasplash Water Park.
Getting to Bibione and Residence Serenissima
- By air: Fly into either Venice Marco Polo Airport or Treviso Antonio Canova Airport. Hire a car and drive to Bibione. Another option is to take a bus to Bibione from the airport. ATVO airport bus service has regular buses from both Venice and Treviso airports. Visit the ATVO website for fare and schedule information: http://www.atvo.it/en-airport-service.html
- By train: Nearest railway station to Bibione is Latisana-Lignano-Bibione. Continue the rest of the way to Bibione via the same ATVO bus line that services Treviso airport.
- By car: Highway A4 and exit at Latisana. Then follow the signs, approximately 25 more minutes, to Bibione.