It’s hard to believe that summer break is almost over. Doesn’t it seem like the kids just got out of school, like, last week? But the harsh reality is that school will be starting up again in less than a month for many families. If your family is anything like mine, you didn’t have a chance to take a vacation together this summer. Or, even if you did, you’d like one last family escape before the back-to-school insanity begins. Whatever your reason for wanting to take a late-summer family vacation, Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa in Galena, Illinois, is where you need to go. To help you make it a reality, Eagle Ridge & I have partnered to offer an EXCLUSIVE DISCOUNT to readers of The Working Mom’s Travels! I’ll get to those juicy details in a bit. First, more about why Eagle Ridge is the ultimate Midwest family vacation destination – and one of my favorite places.
Array of accommodations
Lodging options at Eagle Ridge range from guest rooms in the Main Lodge to 6-bedroom, private homes. There really is an option for all group sizes and budgets, and I’ve personally experienced almost all of them. I have to say, the rental homes are my favorite. They are fully-equipped with everything a family needs, from WiFi to laundry, and also include access to all of Eagle Ridge’s amenities. That is, when booked directly through Eagle Ridge. You can find a number of the private homes listed on sites like Airbnb and VRBO; however, renting via a third party eliminates access to the rest of the resort’s features, including the year-round, indoor pool at the Main Lodge.
Family-friendly activities at Eagle Ridge
Eagle Ridge Resort is situated within the Galena Territory, a 6,800-acre natural area home to valleys, prairies, and woodlands. It is incredibly scenic and unlike much of the rest of Illinois. Because of the diverse terrain, there are a number of options for families to get outdoors and enjoy the scenery:
- Play golf at one of the resort’s four championship golf courses.
- Go fishing or rent pontoon boats, paddleboats, kayaks, or canoes on Lake Galena.
- Hike and/or bike more than 20 miles of rugged and paved trails (free bike rental is available).
- Enjoy a horseback trail ride with guides from Shenandoah Riding Center.
- Take a hot air balloon ride over the beautiful Galena Territory with Galena On The Fly.
The town of Galena is darn cute
The Galena Territory is stunning, yes, and the town of Galena is totally adorable. Even though I’ve done it dozens of times, I can just stroll up and down Main Street and wander in and out of the shops. Another of my favorite things to do is drive up the steep hills overlooking the river to admire the town’s historic homes (and suffer an extreme case of house envy). There are plenty of historic attractions in Galena, as well, namely the home of President Ulysses S. Grant, which is a National Historic Landmark and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Now, for the exciting part…
Earlier, I mentioned an EXCLUSIVE OFFER for readers of The Working Mom’s Travels. To help you plan that end-of-summer, back-to-school family getaway, Eagle Ridge Resort is offering a 30% DISCOUNT on all bookings for the FAMILY TIME PACKAGE during the week of August 12, 2018. The Family Time Package includes:
- Accommodations for 3 nights/4 days.
- $70 Eagle Ridge Dollars to use anywhere at the resort.
- Large family pizza and soda from the resort’s pizza parlor, Paisanos (dine-in, carry-out or delivery).
The discount applies to all accommodations at Eagle Ridge from guest rooms at the Main Lodge all the way up to 5-bedroom, distinctive homes!
- The Main Lodge offers guest rooms and suites with two queens or a king-size bed.
- Newly-renovated Courtyard Rooms are adjacent to the Main Lodge. All Queen and King Courtyard Rooms feature a walkout patio or balcony and provide lake or woodland views.
- Distinctive Homes and Villas, ranging from 1 to 5 bedrooms, are stand-alone, offer greater privacy and comfort, are fully-equipped, and include access to all of Eagle Ridge’s amenities.
To qualify for The Working Mom’s Travels’ EXCLUSIVE OFFER, use THIS LINK to book the 3-night/4-day FAMILY TIME PACKAGE for any 3 consecutive nights during the week of August 12, 2018. By following THIS LINK, the 30% discount is automatically applied to your reservation.
While I’ve been hosted by Eagle Ridge over the years, I am in no way being compensated for this post and for advertising this exclusive offer. I agreed to partner with Eagle Ridge because I love the resort (and Galena) that much and would love for all of you to experience it.