I’m not looking for applause or trying to toot my own horn, but to say I am a mom on the go is an understatement. Essentially, I juggle two careers (my “real” job and my blogging/writing), my family life, and my travels. Yes, things get hectic, and I rarely have the time to do things like put on make-up in the morning or watch reality TV at night. I’m not bothered by this at all but to make up for it, I keep my eyes and ears open for ideas on little things I can do for myself that are quick and easy but “special”. Recently I learned about Pinrose, a San Francisco-based perfumer that is committed to making the process of buying perfume easy, fun, and interactive. Pinrose, with their Petal Packs, also makes it easy for a busy mom like me to feel like I’m really doing something special for myself, allowing me to indulge in luxurious, adventurous fragrances.
How exactly does Pinrose make perfume shopping easy, fun, and interactive? Here’s how: First, visit the Pinrose website where you are encouraged to take a synesthesia quiz. The results of this quiz describe your sensory preferences. Pinrose then analyzes the answers and prescribes the perfect mix of fragrances for your unique personality and panache. This is where the Petal Packs come in; they are scented towelettes which you can try at home to give you more control in the sampling process, instead of being sprayed in the face at the mall (you know exactly what I’m talking about here). Pinrose will send Petal Packs of your prescribed fragrances to you for free so you can determine which scent is perfect for you. Furthermore, once you determine which scents you love most, you may order as many Petal Packs (or full bottles) as you desire.
Pinrose supplied me with one Petal Pack of each of their ten fragrances. After sampling each one, I can say it’s possible to come away with more than one favorite! The ten scents are:
- Renegade Starlet (tiare flower, gardenia, frangipani)
- Moonlight Gypsy (cardamom, orange blossom, patchouli)
- Rooftop Socialite (Italian bergamot, lime, cedar wood)
- Ballroom Philosopher (peony, mandarin petals, amber)
- Campfire Rebel (whiskey, burning oud wood, vetiver)
- Sugar Bandit (caramel, white chocolate, Madagascan vanilla)
- Merry Maker (nectarine, plum, tonka bean)
- Surf Siren (lavender, petit grain, neroli)
- Pillowtalk Poet (powder, amber, musk)
- Treehouse Royal (fig, jasmine, moss)
I completed the synesthesia quiz before receiving my Petal Packs, and again after I tried all ten fragrances. Pinrose prescribed the same scents both times and they were the same I’d chosen as my favorites! They are: Renegade Starlet (sweet but not overly so); Sugar Bandit (it smells as delicious as it sounds!); and Rooftop Socialite (may sound weird, but it subtly reminds me of a cologne my dad wore when I was a kid).
Which fragrance is perfect for you is your decision, but I can tell you why Petal Packs are perfect for any woman or mom on the go. They’re small enough to fit in your purse, gym bag, diaper bag, travel toiletry bag, and even your desk drawer. With the variety of Petal Packs offered, you don’t have to commit to a full bottle of one specific scent. Instead, you have the freedom to be adventurous and try an array of fragrances.
Here are some more fun facts to know about Pinrose fragrances:
- Merrymaker and Ballroom Philosopher were designed specially for pregnant women and new mothers. They have aromatherapeutic qualities that ease nausea and bond mother and baby.
- Co-founder Christine Luby is getting married in February of 2015 and has created her own wedding scent, Love Bug, for the special occasion.
- Four new scents are coming out very soon!
I plan on treating myself to early Christmas presents by ordering bottles of my favorite Pinrose scents and you should, too – for yourself and/or the women you love.