This post is written in partnership with Beaches Resorts and also includes affiliate links. Click here for full disclosure statement.
Long-time readers may remember an alter ego I created some years ago: The Saucy Mom’s Travels. My objective was to merge my passion for travel with my affinity for finely crafted beers, spirits, and cocktails. While there may not be a dedicated section of the blog anymore, The Saucy Mom is still alive and well. So, when Beaches Resorts asked me to share recipes for the resorts’ five most popular cocktails, I welcomed the opportunity!
When you think of vacation, what comes to mind? For many, it involves a beach or a pool, the sun, and a cool, delicious cocktail. (No, it’s just me?) As much as I love craft beer, when I’m relaxing poolside, I often opt for an easy-drinking and tasty potent potable. No vacation in your immediate future? It’s cool; pretend! After the year-and-a-half we’ve all had, I’ve adopted a “you do you” type of philosophy. Pull out the kiddie pool, blow up the palm-tree inflatable, and whip up one of these delicious concoctions.
Frozen Bob Marley
Now you’ve got the recipes but do you have all the tools to make these drinks? Here are some bar items that will make you look and feel like a professional bartender!
- Blender – So many options and price ranges! And, you may already have one at home.
- Jigger – A bartender’s measuring cup, if you will, used to measure liquor for mixed drinks and cocktails.
- Shaker – Again, so many to choose from depending on your style and budget.
- Juicer – There are fancy, high-tech juicers and then there are simple hand juicers. It’s your call.
- Mixing glass – Get one of these to impress your friends and show that you’re serious about your cocktails!
- Bar spoon – Makes mixology so much easier!
- Chinois – AKA a strainer. It makes for very smooth cocktails free of things like citrus pulp and seeds.
- Muddler – Perfect for crushing fruit, herbs (like mint), and sugar cubes at the bottom of a cocktail glass.